Monday, November 29, 2010

Breaking News on Last Post

Ok...3 hours after I typed that post our friend rang to let us know his ex-stepdaughter has dropped the charges! He hasn't been told why (probably because they don't have enough evidence to charge with him with anything) but he will still have to go to Sydney next week to clear up the paperwork and he will still be $40,000 out of pocket by the time he pays all the legal fees which really sucks. They get off scot free while he has a huge legal bill that will need to be paid. I am so happy that he won't be going to prison because his mother really needs him as he is all the family she has. I'm wondering if they considered her as an ex-grandmother in their decision but I guess we will never know.

About an hour after he rang our middle daughter called to say she had just been pulled over by the Police for driving with a suspended licence! Silly girl!!! We kept telling her she would get caught but does she listen? No!! MM has left just this minute with the boy to pick her up and get her car which is still sitting on the side of the road. The Police kindly dropped her home as they wouldn't allow her back in the car.

On a happier note I did some shopping today and bought a heap of Chrissy decorations. Everything is currently on sale so I will post pics when I am done. I told MM next Christmas, when the house will finally be ours, I am having the biggest Christmas display anyone has ever seen. There are some gorgoeus lights displays on sale but a little expensive for our budget this year especially since we want the house paid for by March. Then I will be glamming it up! I adore Christmas and would really love to share it with some littlies. We are toying with becoming foster parents in another couple of years so it would be nice to share the experience with those have nothing.

Anyway see you next week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew ! Just finished reading all your new posts. Miss 17 looked great! Good news about your friend. That is strange, trying to pin something like that on an anti-pedophile ex-cop. You are game, wanting to be foster parents! Might have to go for a long drive next christmas and check out your lights! Love Shaz (going to try that frangelico cheesecake soon, I promise!)

Butterfly Kissez said...

Thanks for persevering through my posts Shaz! Love you!

I have decided to cook this christmas so I have a gingerbread house recipe I am going to try and I am going to make the Frangelico cheesecake as well! I keep putting it off but I am planning a bit of a spread this year! Gonna make myself sick probably but that's what Christmas is for right? *grin*

Chris H said...

I am really behind on posts... so whatever the problem was I hope it's sorted now.
Christmas with kids is nice I must admit... even when you have 8! Plus grandkids now.
Busy busy.
Fostering is a lovely idea.

Colleen Barnett said...

Wow, that is good news! Pity about being out of pocket but in the long run, much better ending.

Looking forward to pics of the decorations. We may put the lights back up while on holidays (will be in the van this Christmas) but nothing at home this year.

I am flat out finding the time and energy to do the office. But boss will push me to do it soon bah humbug! lol!

*prica* - if I put my foot down my may become a prica about it! haha!

SOL's view said...

Never mind the frangelico cheesecake. I decided that vanilla icecream with frangelico topping is much, much easier! And just as delicious.

I'm wondering if we should put up lights and decorations this year. We won't be home... but it might be nice to bring the kids home to. Possibly.

Anonymous said...

So me thinks you are really making all that sweet stuff at xmas to make up for krispy creme donuts going bust! Ha Ha! Shaz