Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No...I am NOT a pin cushion!!!

Went to bed last night with my head feeling a bit fuzzy...had been having dizzy spells not long after dinner which was really freaky so decided an early night in bed was the ticket. Hubby was still in the middle of a battle (he is a World of Warcraft nut!) so he gave me a kiss and a cuddle and promised he would be up after the fight.

Head still spinning as I got into bed but could not get to sleep so flicked on TV and watched "Family Guy" in bed. Long after "Family Guy" and "American Dad" had finished hubby still hadn't come to bed which was fine as I was feeling restless anyway and would have disturbed his sleep with all my tossing and turning. I was still awake when hubby came to bed so we snuggled for a bit as he was cold. He smokes and won't smoke in the house so he stands outside in the cold to smoke! Eventually fell asleep.

Woke this morning with my head still spinning and with awful stabbing pains behind my ribcage. Now I have been having these pains for the last week...really feels like someone is stabbing hot knitting needles into my ribcage. Its like a cramp and my whole abdomen seizes up while the cramp is happening and it hurts to take a breath. It usually all goes away after a couple of minutes and I know I should be going to the doctors but I have had so many medical appointments over the past 4 or 5 years I just have become fed up with having to pay so much money for so little result. That, plus the fact I am terrified what they might find which is stupid because I know if they find something in time I have more of a chance. Also I know if I go back to my doctor he will get grumpy with me as I didn't follow through with an ultrasound he wanted me to take on my liver so this is why I am really worried now as that was 12 months ago and I have done nothing. With dad being so ill and always being rushed to hospital I just didn't have the time with one thing or the other and with work being so busy which is not an excuse I know but sometimes time just isn't there to do all the things I need to do.

So the bottom line is I should have gone to the doctor today but haven't even though I stayed home from work today. The cramping has eased up and the head is not spinning as much.

One thing you all should know is that when it comes to needles I am the biggest baby! I HATE NEEDLES!! I had so many blood tests last year that I was freaked out everytime I walked into my doctors surgery willing him not to tell me I needed more blood tests. You would think by now I had gotten used to them. It also doesn't help when the lady giving you the jab is a needle nazi. She was not gentle at all. She would really press hard on my arm to find a vein then jab the needle in then say "oops no blood there" OOPS??? What do you mean oops??? So she tells me she will have to try the other arm. By now I am already freaked at having the first needle and there are like 4 vials she has to fill and now she is telling me she has to try again on the other arm??? No freaking way!!! So she is there telling me I need to be brave and all I want to do is stick that needle in her eye lol. So again the heavy pressing on the other arm to find a vein and she is like "hmmm might not get much here either...if I can't get blood this time might have to go with somewhere else". By now I'm close to tears and just want this whole experience to be over and swearing to myself that next time I will ask them to put me out first before they draw blood! By the way I have NEVER had trouble before having blood drawn, in fact they usually have excess I bleed so much. So I'm thinking this chick really has no idea. But she did get the 4 vials filled from the second arm but she actually had to move the needle around in my arm and I had to physically restrain myself from bitch slapping her. At the end of it all she was like " There that wasn't so bad was it?". I actually told her no it did bloody hurt and next time they want blood from me they will have to kill me first. I don't think she knew if I was joking or not!

So yeah I will go to the doctor again, EVENTUALLY, but not today. Will see how I go today then make an appointment for another day when I am feeling a little braver.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

GET YOUR ASS TO THE DOCTOR! If your doctor wanted you to take an ultrasound of your liver last year and you still haven't, you could be in trouble. Where do you think your liver is, pet? Your backside? No, it's UNDER YOUR RIBS! Lol!

Seriously, don't mess with your health just because you're afraid. Do something about it now before it's too late. NOW! gottit?

*chidiger* what the...??

Butterfly Kissez said...

Lol yes I know my liver is under there somewhere which is what is bothering me...not sure my boss will be too happy about me taking more time off though. But yes I know I need to go and see to it...I will even eat humble pie with my doctor again. I guess it was all his talk about having to stick a long needle into my ribcage to get a liver biopsy done that scared the craps outta me. Lol I even had this same conversation with Shaz last month...she gave me what for because I never went back to the doctors. *sigh* Makes me feel loved though so thanks guys I will go and get something done. OK????