Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Wonderful Weekend...

Getting up this morning (Monday) was so hard considering the lovely weekend I just had...someone should ban Mondays I say!

Got home from work early on Friday. Stopped at Woolies on the way home to grocery shop as I was planning on making potato bake which is a family favourite. Got home, grabbed a glass of sherry and set to cooking dinner. Hubby came up to help and we talked about our day and teased the son which is our normal practice lol. So that was a nice evening...early to bed to watch a movie and a snuggle...heaven :)

Saturday was MY day. I love my hubby and kids but I like to have one day that is mine where there is no housework done and I can just chill out. So my plan for Saturday was to get up, make myself a cuppa, some raisin toast with cinnamon for hubby and I and we sat and chatted for a bit before I showered and got ready to go shopping. I had oodles of birthday money and it was burning a hole in my pocket lol! Soooooo...with a goal in mind I headed to our local Westfield to shop till I dropped. I ended up buying my Guess handbag which I have wanted for a long time but usually you have to take out a second mortgage to buy one! BUT everything was on sale this weekend so I had enough birthday money to buy that plus a new bead for my Pandora bracelet which is my current passion. I am also a huuuuge lover of handbags. I have so many but I can never have enough! Hubby is now used to my compulsion and just rolls his eyes when I bring home a new handbag lol...I think he is planning on opening a store soon to sell them all off! I am actually planning on making my own as a friend gave me some really awesome patterns to make handbags so that will be my next project which will go right beside my scrapbooking, jewellery making and card making projects! Stay tuned for pictures at a later date!

After an exhausting morning shopping I visited my mum. Well actually I told mum I had come to see her but I really just wanted to play with her new puppies lol. My brother bought her two 8 week old pommaliers (cross between a pomeranian and King Charles Cavalier or whatever they call them!). The puppies are sisters and the last 2 left so my brother decided to buy them both for mum. I have never seen mum so happy since my dad passed. They will be wonderful company for her. They are so tiny and fluffy and so playful. And soooo much energy! I'm not sure mum will keep up with them! So yeah I spent a couple of hours playing with them. Mum has named them Cocoa and Sasha and trust me they are typical sisters! Fighting all the time! Mum bought two of everything so they would have a toy each but nooooo...they have to fight over one lol! And you can't just pet one...you have to pet them both together otherwise the other will start fighting the one being petted...talk about sibling rivalry lol. So much fun to watch though.

Tried to get photos of them but have yet to get them to sit still long enough lol so will post one as soon as we can make them sit.

No comments: