Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Week Goes By....

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Well it's been a pretty hectic week or so for me...in fact I seem to have lost track of time with doctors appointments and tests, work stuff, spring cleaning my house, helping mum clean through hers and other social necessities.

My week pretty much started with my doctors appointment. She sent me off for blood tests and I think I told you that there were several areas of risk. She then sent me off to have a liver ultrasound done which I did on Wednesday followed by blood tests to test for thyroid and Hep B & C which was Thursday. I have yet to receive those results but they should come any day now.

Wednesday was also the day of the horrible dust storms in Brisbane. The photo above was taken of the end of my street. It was pretty horrendous and even though we shut the house up as tight as a drum, I could still taste and smell it...never want to experience that again in a hurry let me tell you!

Thursday I had my blood tests done then I went to keep my niece company as she is on school holidays and home all alone for almost the whole 2 weeks as everyone else is working and all her friends are off on holidays. Poor kid has been relegated to dog sitting but she is cool with that...as a typical teenager she has been sleeping till noon then on the computer or watching the Disney Channel all day! Life is good when you are a teen!

The said puppies are pictured up above. They look like perfect little angels there but trust me they are devils in disguise lol...actually they really are adorable but already have everything and everyone figured out and their little personalities are really cute. Extremely friendly at home...anyone who comes to house is greeted with happy little smiles and they tumble over themselves to get to you first...they really are typical sisters...very competitive and get quite jealous if you don't show them the exact amount of attention.

The white coloured pup is Sasha. She is the lady...very demure and not as rambunctious as her older sister but she loves to eat and will eat anything not nailed down! She is also the bigger of the two and is growing quite rapidly and is already getting frustrated that she can no longer fit into her hidey holes even though her sister can. They usually love to hide under the lounge but now poor Sasha can't fit under there and her sister can so when they fight her sister dives straight under and Sasha will sit on the outside and growl at her lol.

The little brown pup is Coco...she is the tomboy of the pair...she already has learnt to jump up on the lounges and jump from lounge to lounge. Quite the little acrobat she is...she is not likely to grow any bigger than she is now. She is already a very fast learner...has learnt to sit already and is very patient at meal times. Sasha is normally fed first as she gulps her food down but Coco will sit patiently by her bowl until Sasha gets hers and then will eat her meal very sedately and with more manners than Sasha. Coco is also the more intelligent of the two I think...we watched her the other day when Sasha had a bone that she wanted. Coco sat and watched her eat it for a bit then went and got a toy and sat the toy in front of Sasha and started to play with it...as soon as Sasha got distracted with the toy and dropped the bone, Coco had her paw out pulling the bone towards herself then picked it upo and walked off with it! Was hilarious to watch! She has a lot of cunning. Coco also hides her favourite toy or bones from Sasha then when Sasha has finished off all her bones, Coco will go and find her bone and sit in front of Sasha to eat it and gives Sasha a look that says "Keep away you greedy pig" lol...

They are lots of hard work but so entertaining to watch!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Haha! I loved the stories of the pups. Keep them coming! I would be lost without our pets to keep us laughing.

I do hope your tests come back okay, but if not, listen to your doc and do whatever necessary to get yourself back into the land of the healthy!

Thinking of you


*giesau* sounds Japanese involving ladies of the night perhaps?
xx

Anonymous said...

puppies very cute my mum's dog is name coco. good luck with test
love toni x