Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ack! It's Monday Again!!

I swear someone keeps stealing my weekends. I go to sleep on a Friday night and when I wake up again it's Monday! Nooooooooo!

Since my last blog my life has been fairly uneventful. Miss 21 and I attended MM's niece's Bridal Shower last weekend. The first of the current generation of young things in his family to be married. It was a Bridal Shower/Tupperware Party so we were meant to buy enough to allow the bride to be able to buy things for her new home which she and her groom just bought. They will marry at the end of October at a Registry Office then we will all be attending a soiree at a nice restaurant at Southbank. Bride to be is a lovely girl and really the least expected to get married as she had never had a boyfriend until she turned 20 (she is 23 now) and this guy is "The One" and they do make a lovely couple so I hope they will have a lovely life together. She has never been one for a lot of attention so a quiet registry wedding is so definitive of her. He is also her first love so she is very lucky in that respect.

Thursday I had my follow up at the doctors to get back all my final test results and guess what?? Everything is normal! Yay me!!! Even my liver is fine although there is some fat there which can be helped with eating well and exercising (which is what I thought I was doing but anyway...) I have lost nearly 20kg since January and the issues I am having now is due to an underactive thyroid which medication is going to help with so all in all everything is going to be fine. I have to take 25g of Thyroxine which is half of the teeny tiny 50g tablet so I am having so much fun trying to split that little sucker in half!

My weekend was the same as it has been the past couple of weekends...time at mum's cleaning and de-cluttering...I never knew that woman had so much stuff! I don't think she realised she had so much either! At the moment everything is packed outside in the patio area until we hire a skip and then it is all going. All the old furninture has been broken up and ready to be dumped. Everything is so old and dad was always adamant it was all still good so he'd be pretty cranky that it's all going. Sorry Dad! There is no way mum will sell the house with so much stuff in it but already she is feeling like a weight is off her shoulders with it all gone.

The puppies are having a ball as well as they now have more play space although less hidey spaces to hide things! We have uncovered most of Coco's hiding places much to her disgust. The look she gives you as she retrieves her "treasure" to hide again is a classic. And she always makes sure Sasha is nowhere around when she hides things. She is such a funny little thing! I'm pretty sure Sasha was a blonde in her last life...she's very feminine but also quite ditzy and she gets very cranky when the teen next door plays his drums or has his band over rehearsing in their back shed. She stands at the back door and barks and growls. Then when they break she goes back to her bed until the band starts up again then over to the back door again to rouse on them. So funny! While this is going on Coco will be getting cross with Sasha and pawing her in the head telling her to behave herself. Sasha just doesn't like a lot of noise at all!

2 comments:

SOL's view said...

Man yes! Monday. Seems like every day is Monday. *what? monday? wasn't it just monday yesterday?*

cack! **tinkux**

I tinkux terrible you have to take those meds every day now for the rest of your life. *sigh* I'm on 100s and been on that dose for years. Years and years. :)

Colleen Barnett said...

I have just started some natural remedy for the onset of menopause. ah, the joys of being female. Hopefully it will stop me being a cranky old bitch... maybe... :-)

I am so happy all your tests are clear. Nothing worse is there? Scary till you know!

Hey, you know what menopause means? men should pause before approaching, then approach with extreme caution! lol!

*lizedum* lizzard boredom??? or more like I would like to lizedum in the corner and sleep...