Monday, October 19, 2009

It's hard to soar like an eagle...

...when you work with turkeys.

Well I guess it hasn't been that bad but some days people frustrate me and because I try to be a nice person I find it so hard to not let out inappropriate comments! My tongue is almost ripped to shreds I tell ya!

I've been having a "I really hate my job" kind of week...I don't really HATE my job... it's more that I am more than bored with it and really need the change but with the way things are presently I am not quite game to take the risk of leaving it and hoping that something just as good will fall into my lap. This job is not a bad one and it really does pay very well, so well in fact that my mortgage will be paid up in another 12 months or so which is the incentive I have to stay here at this job. The thing with me is that I have "3 year" cycles. No matter what venture I undertake in life, I get bored with things around the 3 year mark. I have been in this job for 4 years now and really need a new challenge as I have mastered everything and everyone else's jobs so nothing excites me anymore. So unless something really exciting happens or a new challenge pops up I am going to be feeling like I'm stagnating.

On Saturday my brother bought mum a Wii console for her birthday. Oh lordy they are so much fun! My brother, my niece, mum and I all played most of Saturday at 10 pin bowling and baseball and shooting. Didn't we laugh ourselves silly! It was the first time I had heard mum laugh since dad passed and she really had a great time so it was a lovely day.

Sunday I was at mum's again to continue with her de-cluttering. I spent over a month there now and we have barely made a dent! I cannot believe she has so much stuff! We went and bought some packing boxes to start packing stuff she wants to keep but is not using right now. She is really anxious to sell but the way the house is at the moment it's not going to be possible just yet. The back yard is an absolute nightmare...full of bindii and matter of weeds. Dad would cry to see it now...so neglected. He spent so much time out there...his yard and garden was his little patch of paradise. With all of us working though it cannot be helped and with the water restrictions the lawn, what's left of it, is looking pretty drab and disgusting.

Yesterday, Monday, was Mum's birthday so after work, MM, son and I wento to mum's for dinner. We picked up pizza on the way and played a bit of Wii, ate pizza, drank Ricadonna, had what was left of mum's birthday cake she bought home from work and just had a great night. One of mum's sister arrived not long after we did and another couple of her brothers and a sister also phoned her so I think she had a lovely birthday. She was a bit worried because it was her first birthday without dad and he always spoiled her on her birthday but I think we all made up for it and she never really had time to reflect on it. She said she had a really lovely day so I'm glad. Now to get through Christmas! *sigh*

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

I can just see your mum playing with the Wii...

Why don't you start looking for other work? Put your resume out there and that way you don't leave until you have something to go to. Most places now will give you an interview after work hours. Good luck!

*cowallud*. heh, I got cowallud into buying that expensive dress on the weekend?

SOL's view said...

I wants a Wii!

Glad your mum had a great birthday. And I know what you mean about wanting a change. I'm not quite game enough yet, and I really enjoy one part of my job...

**forely** I forely wants a wii fanks Santa!