Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday...

...Father's day and our first without our dad. I woke expecting to feel all melancholy but surprisingly enough I got up feeling good about the day, wished dad a silent Happy Father's Day then went about my day. MM was a little grumpy but might have something to do with the fact that son left the house for the day without even wishing his dad a happy fathers day (he forgot). I decided to go out for the morning and went for coffee at mum's to see how she and the kids were coping with the day. They were doing okay and we just chatted about dad and Miss Nearly-16 asked us lots of questions about her grandad and we reminisced a little about what we kids used to get up to and all the trouble we got into with dad and mum lol...For some reason she loves these stories and she finds it hard to beleive some days that her Uncle and Aunty and mother were such horrible kids to each other at times lol. Dad never did the disciplining...it was always left to mum...she did all the spanking and yelling although I have had the sharp end of dad's tongue probably three times in my whole life and only 2 beltings from him when I did something particularly awful and I deserved it (one of those awful things was mowing down my sister on my bike...ran straight over the top of her I did! Boy did she howl!)

Miss Nearly 16 and I then went downstairs to run with the puppies and raided dad's strawberry patch and mulberry tree...man those things still taste good! The two of us were a sight with red fingers, teeth and lips and laughing at ourselves because we looked like Vampires...even the puppies were eating the ones that hit the ground so Sasha's white paws had these big purple blotches on them but they both had a real treat as well!

I got home from mum's to find Miss 21 and her boyfriend T visiting her dad for Father's Day which I am so happy about...it made his day to think at least one of his children remembered him! Many hugs from daughter later she and I sat and talked about stuff...She and T still haven't found a place to move into together and she is feeling a bit down about...MM and T were chatting about man stuff...it's good to see MM gets on with atleast one of his kids boyfriends. T is a nice guy...a bit quirky but because Miss 21 is so stubborn he knows how to deal with her so he is good for her. I like him anyway...

All in all was a nice day but I'm glad its over...

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

you and your sister being mean to each other? surely not... I can just see you running her over on your bike! lol!

I often wonder how people can not remember to phone their dad or mum on their day. I mean, it's not like they don't get reminded, on just about every commercial on TV! And it's really just common courtesy, isn't it? How hard can it be to pick up the phone.

Anyway, it's good one of his kids remembered...

xxxx

*fingl* something that grows on the end of a handle?

Jean said...

Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. That would be great if you started quilting...if you ever need help, just yell!!!