Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh my goodness I feel so bad...

...about forgetting Miss 16's birthday yesterday! Sweet 16 is such an important birthday and I had really wanted it to be special for her considering it's her first without her grandad. Even mum and my brother had forgotten until her best friend, who lives across the road and walks with Miss 16 to school every day, came over with a birthday present. Mum felt so awful and my brother actually rang me last night to subtley remind me it was her birthday. We all felt awful poor kid. But she said she didn't mind as she had received dozens of text messages from her friends all day but its kinda sad her friends remembered while her entire family forgot!

But I will make it up to her on Saturday as she really wants her hair coloured again but mum told she couldn't afford it so I have offered to pay for it for her birthday so she is absolutely thrilled as that was all she wanted for her birthday anyway.

Mum took her shopping after school yesterday and bought her a beautiful ring from her grandad because that is what he would have wanted to buy her and mum bought her some other jewellery as well to go with it which Miss 16 chose herself. My brother will take her shopping on Saturday after she gets her hair done and then she is heading off to Southbank with friends for the Brisbane Riverfire so I think she had a great birthday anyway.

I actually had yesterday off as well as I had my blood tests done as well as getting my eyes/sight looked at as per the doctors instructions. The good news is my eyesight is great...not perfect but not bad either so no glasses still for me...YAY!!! The blood test results should get to the doctor by Friday so I will call them up on Monday to make another doctors appointment and find out what might be wrong. Hopefully nothing too drastic! I have had no more dizzy spells so touch wood it may have been just a virus or something.

All in all though it's been a quiet week now that work has settled down again. Now we start planning for the next big 3 day conference in March next year...Bring it on!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

You bad, naughty aunt! It's funny how things get away from you. I forgot my sister's this year, and actually phoned mum on the day, and she put me on to my sister. Then I remembered! I had sent a present earlier though...

Her birthday sounds lovely - hair, jewellery, what every girl wants!

Fingers crossed for the doctor's app. I hope it's nothing, just a bug. Keep us posted honey! xxx

*vismsteo*.... nope, got nothing for that one! lol!

SOL's view said...

And you know, when you get to a certain age, it doesn't take much to get away from you!

**smogni** new swearword. Oh! Smogni! I forgot! :)