Monday, June 4, 2012

Not-so-Manic Monday

For a Monday today went pretty well.  It's meant to be a really busy week for us in the office this week because:

1. Our wonderful and efficient admin assistant/receptionist is on 2 weeks leave so that means the phone answering/opening and sending off mail duties are divided between us.  I get it the days I am in the office and D gets it when I am on my days off; and

2.  We have some lovely visitors from Singapore who are here to visit our schools and kindys and see how well we do things here.  My first duty this morning was to welcome them and to organise a morning tea for everyone to do a meet and greet.  Thankfully boss agreed to cater in which made everything so much easier...it was just a case of whack a table cloth on the table, put out plates and set out the trays of food.  Voila!  Load up the dishwasher afterwards and all done...easy peasy.

Morning tea lasted until lunchtime when the Managers took the visitors off in the hire bus to visit some of our schools and kindys and during the week they will take them sightseeing to places like Lone Pine, Southbank and Seaworld.

The rest of the day was actually rather quiet which was nice so I completed my to-do list for Monday and I usually prepare things for my day off on Tuesdays so that Wednesdays at work aren't quite so hectic.  I have a huge day of chores planned for Wednesday which should be good as everyone will be out of the office doing the sight seeing thing.  That is of course unless something more urgent crops up which will put those plans out of kilter.  Invariably this is what does happen but I will manage that as I usually do...with a *sigh* and a grumble and then on with it...

Today N1 posted me a picture on Facebook of dad's rose bush.  Until a week ago or so ago this rose bush was just a stick in the ground and a very dead looking stick at that.  So dead looking in fact that mum had decided she was going to pull it out but couldn't bring herself to do it as it is the last of dad's rose bushes in that particular garden.  It got left as she was ill most of the week and had no energy to do anything around the house.  On Friday they had the solar panel guy around and he asked to see the meter box which sits above the rose bush and this is when mum noticed the same rose bush covered in green and carrying 5 huge roses! 


This is the photo N1 took.  Now on Thursday is the 3rd anniversary we have been without Dad and it seems every year at this time his roses take on a life of their own.  Now I know that this time of year is colder and I think this is probably the time of year that roses generally bloom but to mum it always seems to her that at this time every year Dad leaves her this gift because she is always feeling sad and down around now and it just cheers her up to have his roses in the house again.  She is now adamant the rose bush is staying and she is giving it some rose food and will take good care of it.  It's not really in a good spot as the soil is mostly clay and the roses in that garden never did very well even when Dad was around but for now this little bush will stay for as long as it keeps mum happy.  It's certainly a far cry from the dead little stick it was when last she looked!

I have nothing planned for Tuesday's day off.  It has rained on and off all weekend so I am reluctant to make any plans for that reason...I guess I will wait and see what eventuates when I get up tomorrow morning :)  Have a great evening everyone!

Ciao!

xoxoxox


2 comments:

SOL's view said...

The roses are lovely. Are they scented? My favourites were always Mr Lincoln, Esmerelda and Blue Moon. :)

Butterfly Kissez said...

These have a beautiful perfume to them...no idea what they are though...Dad had Blue Moons out the front which I believe are still there...he had grown roses forever...his father before him also grew them...in fact their property at Ipswich where dad grew up had the hugest rose garden and his dad died in that rose garden at the age of 82.