Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Terrific Tuesday

Today is my usual day off and although I had nothing actually planned, it turned out to be rather fun.  Overnight an arctic chill seemed to hit Brisbane so it was actually a good day to stay in bed a bit longer and snuggle under the doonah!  Outside I could hear the wind howling so it definately was an effort to get out of bed.

I stayed in my flannies until around 10:30am, did a bit of housework, watched a movie with MM then decided I would go shopping.  I had a couple of errands to run so figured I should probably make a start.  It was rather horrible getting out of the car once I got to Westfield because I had the car heater on and it was oh so warm in there as opposed to outside which was oh so damned icy cold!

I ended up ringing N1 and my sister K and asked if they wanted to come down and do lunch which they did so while I waited for them to get there (and knowing Ni would take at least an hour to get dressed and make herself presentable!) I wandered around the shops.  I had to buy MM a couple of pairs of new trackie dacks as his old ones were...well...OLD and no longer fleecy lined and with more holes than swiss cheese!  So they were keeping nothing warm!  Had a quick look around at a couple of stores and ended up buying a couple on special at Best and Less.  MM hates the trackies with elastic at the bottom of the legs so I managed to find some that were straight legged and had a back pocket for his wallet and deep pockets for his keys and phone.

Then off to the Post Office to mail a special care package off then back to the Food Court to await N1 and K.

As I suspected they took ages to get there so I quickly ducked into a couple of jewelery shops that sell Pandora charms.  Didn't buy of course but found a couple for my wish list :)

At last they arrived so we headed to find something eat and ended up running into mum and her sister who had just finished their ten pin bowling game.  I have managed to convince mum to spend a day out once a week with her sister and they both love to bowl (my aunt is in a league) so they play lunchtime every Tuesday when there is absolutely no-one in there!  So we ended up sitting with them and yakked for about an hour or so.  N1 had the sushi, I had a plate of really nice chinese and K went for the McDonalds.  Was a really nice hour spent chatting and eating.  Haven't done that for a while.

Eventually mum and my aunt decided to browse some more at one of the Bargain shops and N1, K and myself went to have a look at new trendy clothing store because N1 wanted to show the dress she wants to buy when she gets a job.  She has finally decided she needs to work now as all her friends work and can afford new clothes and she can't.  Funny how our teens never listen to what we tell them eh?  She is looking for a new handbag as well and loves mine so she wants one similar.  I told her I would buy her one once she gets a job which made her happy.

Next N1 wanted to get a new motivational type book.  She finished the Miranda Kerr one I bought and hasn't stopped talking about it.  She has actually started reading it again and following some of the advice which pleased me immensely to know I have actually made some kind of impact on her life.  Apparently Miranda drinks something called Nori juice or something like that which N1 bought and is now taking religiously every morning.  It smells and tastes revolting but you have to take 10mls in a glass of apple or orange juice.  She has been taking it for 2 days and seriously you can already see the difference.  She had a huge zit the night before and she said by next morning it was completely gone with no redness...nothing.  And she claims her skin has already starting looking better. 

Anyway at the book shop she wanted to find a book by Louise Hay called "How to heal yourself" or something along those lines because it is Miranda's favourite self help author and helped her to write the book and a lot of the ideas in it comes from Louise Hay.  We ended up finding it but N1 was disappointed in not being able to afford it so I ended being the good aunty and buying it for her.  Hey...she is on a roll and I would love to see where it takes her.  So one very excited girl will be reading tonight.  Two books in 2 days...that's a record for her lol.  While in the store her boyfriend rang and said he was almost at Westfield and he would pick her up earlier.  They had to go meet with his dad so that was my cue to leave.  Hugs all round and N1 said she would let me know how the book goes.

Still so cold when I got home.  MM was curled up on the couch wrapped in a blanket so I made a coffee and curled with him for a while.  Then I got him to try on his tracks which as usual are too long...he is such a short arse!  So I took up a couple of inches and sat at the sewing machine and ran them up.  He tried them on again...perfect!  The back pockets also had velcro holding it shut which he hates because he can't get his wallet in there so I unpicked the velcro off both pockets as well and now he has 2 new track pants that are way warmer than the others!  Another older pair he has a still good however the elastic no longer holds them up so I will fix them later with some more elastic and that should do him.

Anyway another early night in bed.  Too cold to sit up tonight so I will snuggle in bed with MM again and watch some telly.

Night all...have a great Wednesday!

Ciao!  xoxoxoxox

PS I called the juice Nori Juice...I was told today by someone else who drinks it that it is Noni Juice lol...available at most health food shops and a quick Google search says it is from a fruit from Tahiti and is a great juice to overall good health.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

It's freaking cold here too! Must have blown over from you fulla's!
That nori stuff sounds interesting, does it taste foul too?

Butterfly Kissez said...

Chris it tastes and smells absolutely revolting lol...I think I mispelt named it though...someone at work said it is Noni juice which is a fruit of some kind...they use it too to keep healthy...think I'll stick to my coffee :P