Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dang head colds and long weekends!

Not much to report this week after last week's blogging efforts!  I expected to have done heaps this week being an extra long weekend for me but as usual I was sick for 5 of those days so I spent the whole time cold and miserable with a throbbing headache and wanting to sleep all day.  I did get to watch the first season of "Hart of Dixie" which one of the girls at work suggested I would like so I spent most of the weekend on the couch watching it with hot tea and lots of soup and toast.  A couple of times I actually fell asleep so had to rewind it and go back to the ones I missed.  Good show and I really enjoyed it.  MM is not keen on my "girly shows" but he was really busy with customers so I barely saw him in all that time! That took care of Friday and Saturday. 

Sunday I received really sad news that a friend of ours from New Zealand had passed away quickly on Sunday morning.  Her husband came home from work for lunch and found her on the floor, dead.  She was only 32 years old and it really hit me hard for some reason.  I spent most of Sunday upset and MM was really down about it.  We found out a few days later from her husband that it was a blood clot.  This one got her three years to the day that another one had passed through her lung and almost killed her then.  It was just so sad because we had been chatting on Facebook the night before and she was still feeling off colour.  She had been ill since Friday night.  She had also had a hip replacement operation a couple of months ago as well that she wasn't really recovering from too well.  So I wonder if that may have contributed as well.  Either way she will be so sadly missed and made me think a lot about my own health issues and taking better care of myslef as well as though around me. 

It also made me aware of making sure I tell those closest to me how much I love them because you just never know if you will see them again.  Family and friends still have a bit of a chuckle as it has always been a habit of mine and MM's to give each other a kiss before we go our separate ways for the day.  People always say "after 14 years and you are still kissing each other goodbye".  At night we still do the "I love you" before going to sleep.  Another habit we started from the time we started sharing our bed. It has always worried me that one day we may not see each other again for whatever reason. 

Anyway back at work today and feeling a little better although still a little chilled.  Hopefully all will be good by this weekend!

Anyway have a great week!

Ciao!  xoxoxoxox

3 comments:

SOL's view said...

Oh no, that is very sad.

MOTH and I always kiss goodbye when we go our separate ways too. Still.

Colleen Barnett said...

Yeah, we do too. Always. And we always do the I Love You before bed at night.

It is sad. Those blood clots are silent killers. A workmate of Fluffy's passed the same way just a week ago. Said he felt light headed, so they lay him down on the floor. On his way out the gate after work.

He still felt bad so they called the ambulance. He died in the ambulance. Blood clot on his lung moved to his brain. You wave your loved ones off on the way to work expecting that they'll come home again.

Big hug, Fee. xx

Anonymous said...

I read about a couple who went to bed one night and the wife woke the next morning and her husband was dead beside her, from an aneurysim. All the more reason to say I love you all the time because you never know when your time is up! Shaz