Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oooh...it has been a while!

Hard to believe I haven't blogged since May! Well actually I did have a post in June...well I had it typed up at least and before I could submit, our computers at work decided to choose that precise moment to fall off the internet and I lost my post and I just could not be bothered re-typing it all as it is never the same!

Anyway I am here and thought I would blog my birthday as it was quite a special one and I had a really nice birthday this year. Photos are attached of all the lovely gifts I received. I am blessed with wonderful family and friends. Special mention to my hometown friends Toni and Sharlene who both sent me lovely gifts. Toni's came at a time when I was feeling really low and had had a bad week so to receive her gift just made my day! I love you guys and I really do appreciate your thoughtfulness! Another fellow blogger, Froggy and I reminisced about past birthdays and all the fun we all had in our day. Going to try and make reunion plans for maybe next birthday...I think Adelaide was touted as the venue lol...I so want it to happen so will be working on that one! A week with the girls just like old times sounds awesome!

My darling man gave me his gift a week early. I think he was worried he would forget so he made sure I got it early! But there is a story behind his gift. I park my car at the train station every day and last Friday I was running late for the train and he said he would drive me to the train station and I said no it was fine I'd be able to make it. He nonchalantly asks me if where I park my car will still have spaces available. So I say yes I park it on the paper mill side as always as there is usually still spots left as most people are too lazy to make the walk over the bridge to the train and it doesn't bother me. I thought no more of it.

The rest of the day for me was horrible. For some reason I was feeling really down, hating work, and thinking I needed to change my life as I hated my job, was tired of having to run around after everyone and also feeling really sad as Dad had been on my mind for the first time in 6 months and I had no idea why. I get to the car without even thinking, get in and immediately think "this is not my car". It looked different inside somehow. I get out, look my car over and think "This IS my car". I get back in and turn the key and sitting on the dash where my old car stereo was is a brand new MP3 player with all pretty blue lights etc. That's what was different about my car but because I wasn't thinking straight it didn't register straight away. So I turn on the ignition and there playing loudly on the stereo is my hubby and 2 of my kids singing happy birthday! Well I just burst into tears wondering how on earth they had managed this one and thinking how my day suddenly got better. Until I realised they had the happy birthdays on a loop and I had no idea how to turn it off or down or anything lol. At this point I am almost certain they are lurking in the bushes somewhere waiting for me but after a while of waiting I head off home with happy birthday still playing over and over...and over...By the time I was almost home I had started singing along with them lol. Apparently hubby wanted to have a recording saying "Don't move, I have a gun. Start the car and drive off slowly!" Lucky for me (or maybe him!) middle daughter told him that was mean and told him he couldn't do that. This was around the same time a car jacker was in the area and she was worried I might think it was him!

The Friday before my birthday was okay. My boss bought me flowers and we had a morning tea in my honour which was nice. One of my work colleagues took me to lunch and on Monday another colleague is taking me for drinks after work...our Cocktail Hour lol...we like to try new and exciting cocktails once a month and this month it is for my birthday.

Mum and my brother bought me a TomTom GPS system for my car as well which is awesome! Ken is my sexy voice who guides my way although I would prefer George Clooney but Ken is very good at giving directions! We went through the website and found voices to download at a price and hubby was ecstatic when we found some Star Wars voices and there a Yoda voice. Yoda is hubby's idol lol! Although following Yoda's directions would totally confuse me so I'm sticking to Ken for now.

Anyway I am about to post the pics of my prezzies and thank everyone for the birthday wishes. Doesn't seem like that long ago since our 21st and like I mentioned to Toni on my Facebook page I was watching my 21st video (now on DVD) with the kids and it really doesn't seem that long ago although the fashions and the hair were all very 80's!

They were the best of times and I really miss them!

Just remembered a couple more things that happened on Friday! Friday morning I usually nip into my favourite pattiesserie for either a hot choclate or a cappuchino. They make the BEST coffee and hot cho and the chef there makes all his own danishes and pastries so I usually get one of those as well...DIVINE! Anyway I get to work and notice a guy has got in the elevator before me and has left without waiting. So I wait for the next one as I'm in no real hurry to get to work...it gets back to the ground floor and the guy is still there in the lift still looking a tad confused and he asks if I am going up. "Yes" I say and up we go but I notice he has pressed the Floor 3 button which doesn't actually go anywhere it stops at Level 2 before going back down to ground again. I look closer and it turns out is is "Lord Mayor Jim" lol...former Mayor of Brisbane Jim Soorley. He is looking flustered and tells me he has been in the elevator for 5 minutes trying to get to floor 3. Trying hard not to laugh I explain to him that to get to Floor 3 you have to use the second elevator. Even though THIS lift has a Level 3 button it only goes as far as Level 2. Don't ask me why. It just does. So he very grumpily gets out of the lift and heads to the one beside it to go up to Level 3. I had to laugh when he got out. I shouldn't because it happens to lots of people and it is really stupid having a separate lift for Level 3 but the people who own that part of the building didn't want us plebs soiling their plush carpet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time. love toni

SOL's view said...

Pleb!

Glad you had a great birthday. And the kids are SO mean, not letting him put that on before they sang happy birthday!

Love the little red shoe. :D

*oo oo! my word today is FISHIN!* Wish I were. Hate it, but it's gotta be better than work on a Monday morning??

Anonymous said...

Aww shucks! Love you too buddy! Glad you liked the dragonfly! Yes we will have to do a reunion next year for our birthdays - the big 45(Have a practice run for the 50th!) And make it in Sydney - halfway for us in Qld and the younger Adelaide frog! Cocktails on a harbour cruise, dinner at Aria, shop till we drop , hang around Russell Crowe's place on the wharf, OK I can dream! love shaz

Colleen Barnett said...

Aw, guys, I'm not allowed to have a girly weekend away! I have to take Dobby on mine! :-(

Hey, Fee, did you get the card I sent? I wasn't sure if it was the right address...

I did the whole laugh/cry thing at your hubby's birthday surprise. How wonderful is that man! *hugs!*
xxx