Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bon Voyage!!!

Some people have all the luck...a 17 day cruise sounds like the ideal relaxing holiday to me...except that it isn't me! And I'm jealous lol...

Anyway I met up with an old school friend and her husband on Tuesday night who was visiting her doctor here before they were heading off into the wide blue yonder...on a wonderful sounding 17 night cruise. We don't catch up too often considering we live 600klm apart but try to stay in touch as much as possible. We have been friends since we were 15 or so...almost 30 years give or take a year or two! We always have a good natter when we get together and her hubby is funny as well so its always nice to catch up with them. We exchange lots of gossip and she tells me what's been happening in my old home town and gossip about people we used to go to school with. To be honest I don't miss the old place at all but I do like to hear what's been going on and who is doing what to whom lol. And yes guys one day I WILL come and visit you!

Yesterday, Wednesday, was People's Day at the EKKA (Brisbane Exhibition) so a public holiday for me! The weather was perfect and apparently, according to news reports, not too many people turned up! Now traditionally People's Day is a nightmare with wall to wall people and it is impossible to manouvre your way through the crowds, even worse for those mum's with prams and little kids who get dirty looks everytime their prams hit someone's heel. I avoid the Ekka like the plague. I'm not a show kind of person. Not only do you need to take out a second mortgage to take your family their but I have ALWAYS come home with the flu. The EKKA seems to be a breeding ground for all kinds of diseases.

So yesterday, instead of going to the Ekka I called up mum to see if she wanted to go for a drive. We usually spend the public holiday going to Tom's Confectionary Warehouse as he has his own show bags which are much better quality and have heaps of evil things in them like choclates, lollies and chips AND are so much cheaper than the Ekka Showbags. So mum, me and my niece spent a total of $120 between us in showbags and choclates!! Heaven!!

Spent the rest of the afternoon having coffee at mum's and playing with the puppies. I now have photos of them so will try and upload...I will eventually take video of them as they are so cute to watch. My niece and I spent about an hour just watching them wrestle and play and laughing over their antics. And of course, because they know they are being watched they will show off just that little bit more!

Anyway back at work today and now it feels like a Monday insteead of a Thursday and it has thrown my whole week out. Roll on Friday!!!

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

That lucky duck going on a cruise! I hope they get a lot out of it, cause it wouldn't have been cheap. It's always good to catch up. I saw them in December for a bit, but it's never long enough.

How is your mum coping? Give her my love won't you? Glad she has the pups to keep her entertained.

Where is that chocolate place? I wonder if I can rope Him into taking me there next time we go to Briz? hmmmmmm...

*reins*... well, that's not very exciting, is it? Giddyap! Yee Haa!

Butterfly Kissez said...

The Choccie place is at Hamilton...not too far from Toombul Shoppingtown. There is waaaay too many yummies in there and they even sell lollies I haven't seen since I was a kid and you can buy them in bulk boxes lol...Easter time is the best time as it is wall to wall easter eggs...yumm!

Mum is doing as well as can be expected...starting to get on my nerves a little now though...she was never a complainer but now she seems to complain about everything and keeps saying she is not long for this world *rolls eyes* She is only 66 years old mind you!!!

SOL's view said...

**worat** wtf?? Green mankini, here we go.

Tom's Warehouse? Oh man, I haven't been there for ages. I see it when we head off to the airport for one reason or another, but my wallet cringes each time so I don't stop...