Tuesday, May 4, 2010

50 Things to Do Before I am 50

Not a lot of time left I know lol...say around 6 years :) But here is the start of my list of things I want to achieve while I am still young enough to enjoy them...some things are very short term and can be done any time now but are things I keep on putting off...other things will require planning...but everything on this list is what I have wanted to do since forver but things and excuses hold me back...I will keep adding to this list as I think of things I want to do!

50 things to do before I am 50

1. Go to the Rocklea markets
2. Learn to play the guitar
3. Scuba dive at Lady Elliott
4. Publish my first fictional novel
5. Learn to paint
6. Finish at least ONE of my many unfinished craft projects
7. Scrapbook every single one of my photographs
8. Finish my dad’s book
9. Visit my long lost Montara cousins in New York/Philadelphia
10. Get married!
11. Study something I may never use but purely because I want to, for example literature or history
12. Clean and renovate every room in my house and declutter/downsize
13. Take up yoga
14. Save enough money to buy a block of land and build on it
15. Take my hubby overseas because he has never been
16. Travel around Australia or to at least a part of Australia that interests us because I have never been!
17. Go on a cruise
18. Stop being afraid of what other people think and JUST DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT just because you can
19. Read the entire “Lord of the Rings”
20. Learn to drive ANYWHERE in Brisbane without being freaked out! Includes driving to the south side of Brisbane! (See Visit Rocklea Markets!)

5 comments:

SOL's view said...

Do you know, point 19 was harder than point 18???

Great list - go for it. I'm free for the markets! :)

Butterfly Kissez said...

Yeah it's depressing that I have lived in Brisbane for 20+ years and never been...time to get out more...

Anonymous said...

I actually have a list of things you wrote when you were about 20ish, that you wanted to do! I remember some of them being 'own an antique shop' and 'marry John Taylor from Duran Duran!'. I will dig it out and send it to you to see if you've done anything on the list! I have the Lord of the Rings set. I've been trying to read them too! love Shaz

Colleen Barnett said...

I went to the markets many years ago, and I can paint, but I think that's about it. I did play the guitar for awhile (Dobby actually has her first lesson outside school tonight), but so far as making a personal list goes, I have so many of those at work (follow up this order, check this stock level blah blah) I really don't want to see another in my lifetime...

Good luck and make sure you check them off when you do it!

Butterfly Kissez said...

Lol Shaz that would be awesome...I found my own 'John Taylor' lol...he doesn't sing well but love him anyway! I still love antique shops but as for owning one well....that would be nice but not foreseeable lol.