Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Is it over Yet???

Christmas Madness is in full swing here. Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love Christmas as a rule but this year I just can't seem to get into the spirit of it all. Work has gone quiet again as all our kindergartens are now closing so until they all re-open in 8 weeks time we will have a chance to catch up on all the mundane things that get left behind in the craziness of dealing with teachers, staff and cranky parents. Our office also closes for a week and a half over the Christmas break so that will also be a nice time to recharge the old batteries!

I guess it's also the change in the dynamics this year for Christmas with Dad gone. Mum has become quite morose and is threatening to cancel Christmas. I can understand her sadness at this time but it is a little upsetting to the kids and Dad would hate for the kids sake to not celebrate so I have talked her into coming to our house for Christmas Eve so we can all celebrate at my house then Christmas Day she can stay home and think about Dad. She has agreed with that and has promised to pull herself together for the kids' sake. She had my sister over today and they were helping my niece and nephew decorate so that's a big start!

Mum also finally retired 2 weeks ago so she is now a lady of leisure although she is now stressing about getting the house in a fit state to sell. She will be fine once she sells and moves into a smaller, more affordable home. She will also be debt free as well then and can just enjoy life for a change.

My Miss 16 niece finally bought herself a car on the weekend! My MM, myself, Miss 16 and my brother found a private sale on the net and went to see it. My MM knows all there is to know about cars having re-built them in his youth and working in his parents service station for many years and also racing them for a few years so he tagged along to make sure Miss 16 was getting something good. Well this car really is just the thing for her. It's a 97 model Ford Fiesta 5 door a greeny blue colour with blue racing stripes. The tyres are all brand new and the interior is spotless. The paint work even isn't too bad. The usual scratches on the sides from trolleys and stone chips etc but its in better nick than my car! She fell in love with it on sight and MM went over it with a fine tooth comb with Miss 16 praying he wouldn't say there was something wrong with it! MM took it for a spin and it runs like a dream so for $4500 it was a bargain vehicle. RACQ have also looked it over and its passed road worthy with flying colours so Miss 16 is now the proud owner of her first car! She has had 3 lessons in it already and my brother took her out and already she drives like a pro he reckons. Can you beleive he got her to reverse park just to tease her and she did it twice! Perfectly! That's nuts! Miss 16 has always been an extremely calm person though so I think she will master driving like a pro! Maybe I will be safe on the roads after all!

2 comments:

SOL's view said...

My Teen wants a car. But doesn't have a job. So guess what she will have to be doing first??

Maybe when she has her own, she'll be a little more open to driving. Right now, she can always find an excuse not to go out....

**furaple**

Colleen Barnett said...

that's great news, both about the car and your mum coming Christmas eve. Christmas is usually a very special time when all the family gets together.

Since being in Adelaide, our Christmases are either spent with jus the 3 of us, or just Fluffy and I when Dobby goes to Qld. So for 8 years it's been kinda "meh" for me.

But I do hope the kids can bring her some enjoyment. Give her a kiss from me and tell her she is in my thoughts (as you all are)

xxxx

*twites* gee, there are some twites on the road so Miss 16 had better be careful! :-)